Old February 5th 09, 08:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Scholar Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

On Feb 5, 5:29*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
AA I am a worry wart. We lost nightbat,and Darla,and for me over the
last internet years(11) I have lost many more,plus my real friends that
have died or moved away. * Very cold with the wind factor 22F at 8am,and
will not go over 50F by 5pm

Not as warm here as yesterday. Dropped to freezing again before
dawn. Kind of cloudy with rain on the horizen. I guess that's good
because they are beginning to worry about drought. But dry is nice
when you are outside a lot. I don't think Darla is really gone. She
often takes a log time between posts.

With Progress Energy increase plus their over billing I hate to see this
months electric bill. People are ready to march to Tallahassee. Charlie
Crist will be calling out his state police(storm troupers) *If to many
they will be meet by national guards tanks. *Another foreclosure on my
street. And auction signs on just about every street. *Obama proposal
and spending a trillion dollars will not mean a pinch of snuff to create
jobs this year. *We need immediately the WPA and CC camps. People have
to work. *TreBert

My grandparents used to have a windcharger on their farm that provided
them with electicity. My uncle was always handy with things
electrical, and rigged it up for them. I guess they were popular back
in the depression era. Well, here we are again! With a depression
economy and bloated electricity prices, people should perhaps turn
again to do it yourself elctricity generation using the wind. The
windcharger would charge a bank of car batteries that in trun would
provide electricity for lights, radio, etc. Nothing beyond your
abitlities, Bert. Converting might not be as hard as you would think,
as I think most things now actuaklly DC, it being provided by the
transformer/rectifier thing you plug into the wall socket.

Double-A