Old February 17th 04, 09:06 AM
Palle

Default 3D Mars

I remember seeing beutiful colour 3d's from Pathfinder, where there
where only blue (440 nm, should be closer to 480 to be excact) and red
filters (670 nm) in both eyes, and green (530 nm) in the right eye.

The PanCam has 440 nm in both eyes (L7 and R1) green in left eye (L5)
but only one red filter (L3). However, there are filters at roughly
750 nm in both eyes (L2 and R2), which for the reflection spectra at
the surface should be close enough to the red colour.

Though I do not know how these colour 3d's are made, there must be the
possibility to make them in the same way as with Pathfinder images.

P.

(Nude Anaglyphs) wrote in message ...
Duram ) wrote:
All of them are in Black and white, where are the color ones showing mars "
red " tones?
they must take 100īs pic every day but just show some of them in these
links.

If you're talking about the rovers, they are not capable of taking
color 3-D images. Only the left "Pancam" camera has filters for
color.

NA