Old February 12th 04, 06:44 PM
Dave N

Default 3D Mars

The wavelengths chosen for the Pancam filters favor scientific
efforts. It would have taken a few extra filters to get accurate
color recognition for human viewing, especially in stereo.

You can look at a collection of mono anaglyphs I'm making from raw
images.

http://dualmoments.com/marsrovers

The Pancam's "eyes" are about 4x farther apart than human eyes, so the
stereo pairs create "hyper-stereo." The effect is lessened by merging
the pictures at mid-distance. This also gives the effect of objects
popping out at you.

Also, I combined the multi-filtered images by averaging them. This
yields greater detail than just using one filtered image for each eye.

I'm interested in any comments or corrections.

Dave Neufer