Old August 12th 03, 06:20 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Odysseus
writes

You must be thinking of the National Film Board's classic short
_Cosmic Zoom_, produced in 1968. It's available on video for about
$20; it also gets played as 'filler' once in a while on the Space
channel. I agree that it's a wonderful piece of work.

See http://cmm.onf.ca/E/titleinfo/index.epl?id=10911.

I couldn't get the sample clip to play (Netscape 4.7, Mac), but if
it's the right film you should be able to recognize it from the stills.

I'd guess that's the one I didn't know anything about! Thanks. In "The
Lost Worlds of 2001" Arthur Clarke says he's encountered two films using
the powers of ten idea (he describes a film using 1000 to 1 steps) "one
by Charles Eames" but doesn't describe the other.
--
"Roads in space for rockets to travel....four-dimensional roads, curving with
relativity"