Old January 1st 19, 01:27 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default should I stay awake long enough to watch the Ultima Thule flyby?

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 1:14:58 PM UTC-5, wrote:
If NASA will be showing photographs from the spacecraft as it flies past 'Ultima Thule' tonight I would be interested in watching. However, I do not wish to watch if all I'm going to see are talking heads, computer simulations, etc. How soon will photographs be released from the period of close approach?

==

Data from the flyby won't arrive until mid-morning Jan 1st.

(Annoyed that tickets to NYE events start at about $100 around here, so maybe I'll watch this NASA show instead.)