Old May 8th 14, 07:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Genesis of Justice

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:28:11 AM UTC+1, palsing wrote:
On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:24:41 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:58:51 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:26:46 AM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." Eleanor Roosevelt

"I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall.

Eleanor Roosevelt"

It must be cocktail hour again there Paul...

It is always the cocktail hour SOMEWHERE, Gerald, it is what makes the world go 'round...

Another quote that is worth noting Paul is perhaps the overused - Ad astra per aspera.

The tendency among contributors in saa nowadays is to try to make oneself feel better by trying to make others feel worse about themselves and that is not the rough road to the stars but the slippery slope to bottomless inanity.

There is an intense satisfaction in the simple things that many would miss and they rarely get an airing among those who have lost that intuitive sense of the celestial arena and their position and motion in it. Fair dues to you for sticking around and contributing insofar as the progress of astronomy is just one of those things which rely on individual contributions rather than communal dictates like political or social opinions.