Old September 7th 11, 08:38 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Ollie B Bimmol

Default Playing with E=m.c^2

Yousuf Khan wrote:

On 9/6/2011 3:18 PM, Ollie B Bimmol wrote:
Yousuf wrote:

On 06/09/2011 4:55 AM, Ollie B Bimmol wrote:
Some other things do make sense, but I have also tought that way,
multiple big bangs in a larger space, but also gere he contradics himself,
or at least agrees space and time are separate, as his time stopped,
but at the same (stopped )time he has a huge space with many 'universes' in it.

His point about time stopping when maximum entropy is reached is because
at that point, every particle is going to be a photon, and time doesn't
exist for a photon, since it travels (by definition) at the speed of light.

OK, that is relativity, I understand that way of reasoning.

OK, but then I am with you that 'stuff' will more likely be some condensate.
And no new universe will pop out of that?
It is all theroy of course, but they are already making the bose EInstein condensate
in the lab and playing with it, so maybe some thing can be verified.

My feeling is that as the universe cools down, BECs will be the natural
state of matter eventually. When the universe was young, it was so hot
that the only matter interactions were nuclear reactions. Then later as
the universe cooled down, chemical reactions became possible. As it
cools down even further, then BEC reactions will become possible. With
the advent of chemical reactions, we've been able to achieve some
amazing progresses in life, not the least of which was the chemical
reactions made life itself possible. Billions of different atomic
combinations of molecules can be made with chemistry. I can only imagine
how much new progress can be made with BEC reactions.

Of course it is possoible that during all those phases some 'life form'
- and that would be something we could not even imagine -
just like an ant cannot imagine a space shuttle,
took control, and changed the outcome.
Very long time ago in sci.physics somebody wrote (was it Edward Green?)
that if you looked at ocean currents, or river flow,
nothing could ever move againts the stream. upriver.
But now look at fish.
So I want to leave open not only that I have no clue, but also
that this sort of 'defying logic' sort of miracles
can hapen and in fact already exist.
:-)

Ollie

With each state, matter loses some excess heat, and becomes even more
stable and entrenched. Standard thermodynamics looks at heat loss as an
increase in entropy which is a bad thing because we lose that energy
from our use. But I think this may be a natural course for matter to
take, and the energy we're losing gives us more stability in the future.

Sean Carroll and other physicists have become worried about the
consequences of Dark Energy. They believe that it will rip the Universe
apart if it continues at its current rate. There's no evidence of that,
for all we know the Dark Energy will dissipate eventually, and gravity
will take control over the Universe again, and Big Crunch can take
effect. Either case, whether the universe ends in a Big Rip, or a Big
Crunch, it's still the end of the universe.

Yousuf Khan