Old March 29th 18, 02:54 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Additional SLS Launch Delay

In article ,
says...

JF Mezei wrote on Wed, 28 Mar 2018
16:28:20 -0400:

On 2018-03-28 01:05, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Why, they'll start the Lunar Orbiting Platform - Gateway. And use
that as justification for needing more engines and more launches.

Isn't "gateway" just the equivalent of a toilet stop in the middle of
the desert you can use on long car trips? Without the long car trips,
it isn't needed. And you can't stay there for long.

I personally don't see the point of the thing, which makes it the
perfect NASA project.

Agreed. It's like ISS, but smaller and less capable only orbiting the
moon instead of the earth. So now astronauts can stare for hours out of
the window of the Gateway at the moon and think about how awesome it
would be if they only had a lander...

Jeff