Old December 17th 11, 03:11 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Harrison J. Bounel

Default Happy V. I. Day {Victory in Iraq}

On Dec 17, 8:47*am, Dakota wrote:
On 12/17/2011 7:21 AM, Andrew Swallow wrote:

On 18/12/2011 12:36, Jonathan wrote:
Should December 25, 2011 be given the honor of that title?

Despite all the problems and controversy, the Iraq
campaign should be remembered as one of America's
most daring, difficult and significant victories in our
history.

Planting the US flag in the very heart of Islam, and winning
a war of attrition against some of the most viscous people
and tactics the world has to offer, is an enormous
accomplishment.

Since we can now see, it turns out the old 'domino-effect'
only applies for things people...want, like freedom
and democracy.

Jonathan

Obama may have won but he could have lost. If a militant leader
sprouting anti-American rhetoric appears in Iraq then this will look
like a retreat.

The USA could open naval and air-force bases in Iraq as part of a Gulf
Stabilization Force i.e. to keep the Iranians down.

Andrew Swallow

Or we could mind our own business and stop dumping huge piles of cash
onto the laps of the defense industry. Let's keep our troops home and
alive until a true threat can be verified rather than sending them off
on adventures based on faulty intelligence and blatant lies. No one
wants the USA to be the cops of the world and we cant afford it.

Or we could completely do away with the military and instead send
$BILLIONS to deadbeat cheese eaters like you so you too can drive an
Escalade and live in a mansion like Dr.Gore.