Old December 17th 11, 12:58 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Bob Haller

Default Happy V. I. Day {Victory in Iraq}

On Dec 18, 7:36*am, "Jonathan" wrote:
Should December 25, 2011 be given the honor of that title?

Despite all the problems and controversy, the Iraq
campaign should be remembered as one of America's
most daring, difficult and significant victories in our
history.

Planting the US flag in the very heart of Islam, and winning
a war of attrition against some of the most viscous people
and tactics the world has to offer, is an enormous
accomplishment.

Since we can now see, it turns out the old 'domino-effect'
only applies for things people...want, like freedom
and democracy.

Jonathan

once our last troop soldier leaves , iraq will have the civil war it
needed all along

saddam was a necessary evill, he provided a stabilizing influence in
the mid east. like a control rod in a nuclear reactor. just their
presence cuts power production some but without them the reactor can
melt down

if saddam were still around iran wouldnt be such a issue today.

thanks GWB you set the stage for WW3

we should never have another war of attrition. if something is worth
fighting for institute the draft and let the military use their
prefered approach. overwhelming force.