Old January 26th 04, 07:56 PM
Michael

Default Details of the Spirit Software environment

language and the operate state flight software utilizes the VxWorks
Real-Time Operating System. The flight software was originally developed
on a Motorola 603e PowerPC target processor, and will be ported to the
Lockheed-Martin RAD-6000 flight processor for final integration and
test. The PowerPC development environment is architecturally identical
to the RAD-6000 environment with a much lower cost."

"a radiation-hardened version of an early IBM PowerPC processor, now
manufactured by BAE Systems of Farnborough, England."

since when did IBM make a PowerPC?? I have the old 603e in my performa.
SUCKS actually in todays computer world.