Old January 4th 04, 05:18 AM
Scott Ferrin

Default MER-A is on the ground!

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:05:24 -0600, Damon Hill
wrote:

"Graypearl" wrote in
thlink.net:

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote in message news
...Strong signal is being received from the Rover, carrier is locked
by Goldstone, and the Rover finally settled right-side up. Landing
bag retraction will commence in ~2 mins.

And yes, the JPL folks are all over themselves with joy, and
deservedly so!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

... and there REALLY was great rejoicing ... hot f***in' damn!

Can I start breathing again? Lost my 'net video connection just before
touchdown.

Looks like the Great Martian Ghoul was distracted with the remains of
Beagle.

--Damon, shivering in the cold and snow in Seattle

NET CONNECTION????? Where?? :-)