Old August 4th 19, 06:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default Never Any Alien Visits, So Far ...

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 4:28:39 PM UTC-7, a425couple wrote:
On 7/26/2019 7:21 AM, wrote:

What if the aliens are a very long lived, and patient species.

All life forms we've observed ( and there's been many millions ) have the reasonable life spans as we've observed. Anything very much longer and evolution among many other functions would not operate.

Their 'starships' are very reliable and follow all the rules
we know.

"all the rules we know" would preclude practical travel among the stars as I've said. Distance = Speed x Time All confirmed by the inarguable fact that we are never visited by aliens.

They regularly look in to all solar systems.
They were last here one million years ago and saw nothing
they were particularly interested in. They will probably
look us over again in about nine million more years.

Ridiculous suppositions.

Will any species that is interesting be alive here then?

"nine million" is a mere "flash in the pan" in terms of evolution.

Yes, indeed.
Do you think humans as a species will still be doing
fine in 10,000 years? Or 100,000?

They can not last more than 285 years,Microbes will see to it.Bert