Old May 31st 19, 11:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default NASA?s full Artemis plan revealed: 37 launches and a lunar outpost

In article ,
says...

Jeff Findley wrote:

So how much abrasive lunar regolith would we need to drive through to
get to the "relatively pure ice"? We don't really know. And just how
pure is "relatively pure" when we find the best deposits possible? This
water ice is pure relative to what?

Do you really need to move the mud?

Say, something like a dome open to the ground with a radiative
heatsource and a cold trap behind it.

Depends on how much water you want to lose to lunar vacuum becaues I
doubt you can seal the dome very well against the lunar soil/ice.

Jeff