Old October 17th 18, 03:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default The subculture that obscured genuine astronomy

I am indifferent about old boys on their way to the grave without appreciating proof of the Earth's orbital motion by using the transition of stars from an evening to morning appearance (from left to right of the central Sun) nor how we see the faster moving planets with smaller orbital circumferences and their direct/retrograde motions depending on whether they are moving in front of the Sun or behind the Sun -

https://www.universetoday.com/wp-con...Dec27-2013.jpg

People are welcome to dispute the affirmation or even support it as one person did by pointing out how Jupiter's satellites run a circuit of their parent planet in much the same way we see Venus move around our parent star -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZEgoJasPQ

What instructor wouldn't show their students how we see the faster moving inner planets move and how the orbital motion is accounted for !. This is how it is done .