Old October 17th 18, 06:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default The subculture that obscured genuine astronomy

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 6:07:19 AM UTC-7, Davoud wrote:
palsing addressed Gerald Kelleher:

Apparently, you are *still* too uneducated...

But now you have set him on the straight and narrow and his trolling
days are over, right?

Who's the bigger fool ‹ the puppeteer or the puppet? I would argue its
you, Kelleher's puppet.

Well, I see that *you* also responded, yet again.

My question is, why? Many times you have stated that you agree with almost everything I have said...

We have had this conversation before. No one will *ever* convince Gerald the Troll that he is mostly incorrect in his blatherings. I happen to poke him now and then when his claims are over-the-top incorrect. If this somehow bothers you so much, you are welcome to just plonk me so you never have to see me make a fool of myself again.

On the other hand, perhaps I will increase my rate of negative responses to Gerald's astronomical fantasies, and you can continue to berate me for it, and after a while I will become the puppeteer and you will become Paul's Puppet. Works for me.

If people only responded to actual astronomy posts on this forum, there would be almost no responses at all. I'm just doing my part to help keep it active...

By the way, I like your latest photo of the North America Nebula and its neighboring Pelican Nebula. They happen to be the subject of my own very first (and last!) astrophotograph when I mounted my trusty Pentax MX on my brand-new Celestron C8 in 1974, shooting Ektachrome. The wide-angle picture came out, sorta, and one could recognize the 2 nebulae, but I never took another picture, I would rather see stuff in real time, naked-eye, which is still the case today.

\Paul A