Old August 2nd 07, 09:50 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro
BradGuth

Default How cool is VL2

Compared to orbiting our moon, or especially of being situated at the
moon's L1, Venus L2(VL2) is way cool, it's even cooler than any ISS
orbital average, and cooler yet if an artificial shade gets utilized,
or made warmer if a remote mirror directs sunlight upon whatever's
halo parked within VL2, or the station-keeping halo orbit itself can
be made as large or as tight as need be.

A better understanding of shade may eventually become self
explanatory, such as for relocating our moon to Earth's L1 is not an
option that we can afford to pass up. We need that little spot of
shade, as well as we badly need a whole lot less tidal forced internal
trauma that's keeping our 98.5% fluid Earth a touch warmer and more
internally active than need be.

Unfortunately, of these hocus-pocus WMD days, you simply can't hardly
tell one Yiddish infomercial spewing rusemaster from most any other
faith-based damn fool (especially of them pesky born again types).
So, whom can we trust?

Physics and of the best available science that's replicated seems as
though it ott to at least function on behalf of understanding our
physically dark and anticathode moon, that's saturated with gamma and
Xrays in addition to being hot as hell by day, that which is hot
enough to keep vaporising its sodium which starts melting at 371 K,
and vaporises at 1156 K while under the pressure of 1 bar (perhaps as
little as 374 K at 3e-15 bar).

That moon is simply not made of Earth. Earth hasn't even the least
bit similar impacts nor deposits of what's causing such terrific
surface mascons to exist on that somewhat salty moon of ours.

Why doesn't Earth have its fair share of bigger and better surface
impact mascons?

In other words, why and/or how did our salty old moon get so impact
mascon populated, and Earth somewhow having missed out on most all of
that heavy mineral action?
- Brad Guth