Old March 22nd 07, 04:22 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro
[email protected]

Default How cool is VL2

On Mar 18, 10:49 am, The Ghost In The Machine
wrote:

What exactly is your objective here?

Instead of Mars or of stuff further away, we should have been doing
VL2, because it's within the scope and/or spec of what's perfectly
doable. Obviously accomplishing Venus itself would soon enough become
the next logical step.

Placing a POOF of ISS/ESS collective of VL2 habitats isn't all that
tough, and of getting ourselves to/from that relatively cool location
upon each of the 19 month orbits of Venus as being nearly worthy of a
NEO that's merely 100 fold further away than our moon, is simply
another aspect of VL2 that's doable.

According to others that typically via 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge claim
to know pretty much all there is to know, Earth's thin atmosphere is
hosting between 50e12 and 200e12 tonnes of h2o, thereby imagine what
all of that robust atmosphere of Venus must be accommodating within
those thick clouds. The more GW we get ourselves into, the more h2o
is forced to being held within our extensively soot and chemical
polluted atmosphere, that's obviously getting more Venus like acidic
and otherwise global dimming and thereby unavoidably extra energy
holding by the day, especially compounded by way of the ongoing thaw
from the last ice age this planet along with its recent moon that's
causing so much planetology trauma will ever see.

This is an interesting perspective about the Venusian atmosphere
that's forced into being so gosh darn toasty and all, though mostly as
such having been contributed by and otherwise thermally forced from
the active geothermal bottom up, along with solar influx adding
further insult to injury, just as a somewhat newish planetology
environment should be, and clearly representing the exact opposite of
Mars, with Earth literally existing somewhere in between the new and
the old.

S8/Sulfur offers a density of 2 g/cm3 (roughly twice the density of
water), and S8 becomes a melted or vapor element at just above 386 K
(235°F/113°C), which in fact does exist within that Venusian
atmosphere.

According to what John Ackerman and a few others are having to say, in
addition to the relatively friendly environment of CO2 (friendly
because it's so bone dry), the Venusian lower atmospheric zone that's
situated well enough below them wet clouds is otherwise hosting a good
amount of dry S8/Sulfur, that's also representing a relatively
harmless substance as long as its getting provided without hardly any
h2o, though obviously it's of a geothermally contributed sulfur that's
sustained in a toasty vapor form while coexisting below the 45 km
mark, perhaps below as little as 40 km by night. Above 46 km by day
it's getting cool enough for the vapors of sulfur to reformulate back
into crystals of the near solid form of S8/Sulfur, thereby forming a
thin layer or boundary of S8 that's creating a rather nifty thermal
dynamic or transition barrier, as well as for having been providing an
atmospheric tent or membrane of sorts, allowing those horrifically
strong winds to circulate above and considerably less windy conditions
to coexist below.

Of whatever geothermally forced S8 as having brought h2o into the
atmosphere, whereas this is going to release that h2o above the
crystallizing point of where S8 is no longer in vapor form, which of
course represents the vast bulk of those nifty and extremely thick and
obviously acidic clouds, that should be capable of their hosting at
least 100e12 tonnes if not potentially several hundred teratonnes of
h2o. Of whatever icy meteor arrivals as having contributed their h2o,
are most likely going to contribute as to what's above the S8 layer,
mostly because of that icy influx of contributed h2o density being of
1 g/cm3 (half the density of S8).

That's like having a surrounding ocean of S8 that's roughly twice the
density of water, suspended at 46+km above your pounding head, along
with multiple teratonnes of that acidic h2o ocean kept further above,
representing somewhat of a humanly nasty surface consideration because
of your having a serious lack of cranial pressure equalisation at your
wussy biological disposal, as well as such lacking a good CO2--CO/O2
biological process. With time and/or having a few artificial pressure
equalisation passages created, your head and attached body might
eventually get used to the surface pressure environment, that is as
long as you also had a nifty CO2--CO/O2 technology that was providing
1% o2 and otherwise having the likes of 99% H2 or perhaps local He to
work with, whereas otherwise you'd stay within your submarine like
composite rigid airship, eating pizza and drinking ice cold beer.

Just because Venus seems hotter than hell, this in of itself doesn't
exclude intelligent ETs or of evolved locals from having been doing
their thing, just like we could have been doing our thing if we were
only half smart enough. I believe it's technically easier to deal
with an environment that's chuck full of local renewable energy
resources, then having to deal with the money and DNA sink-hole likes
of a mostly frozen Mars that offers so damn little of just about
everything.

Too bad that we have so many folks here in Usenet naysay land, that in
spite of the mounting evidence and of my subjective interpretations as
to what's existing/coexisting on the deck that looks so intelligent/
artificial, are instead so intellectually faith-based and even openly
biologically bigoted, to the point of no return of their being
unworthy of Earth.
-
Brad Guth