Old December 10th 16, 07:46 PM posted to sci.astro.research

Default Ned Wright's Calculator?: Co Moving R(t) for Entire (13.721 Gyr) Universe??

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 10:48:49 AM UTC-8, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
In article ,
writes:

It appears that after inflation,
the universe has only about doubled in size, if so.

The calculator has nothing to do with inflation. At the end of
inflation, the currently observable universe was about the size of a
large beach ball.

Really? what z would that have been, when inflation ended and the
universe expansion began?

What was z and or size of currently observable universe when the
last scattering happened and the universe became transparent to
light?

Thanks,

[[Mod. note --
If you look at the last graph in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_(cosmology)
you can see that it shows inflation ending at a scale factor around
a = 10^{-28}. a = 1/(1+z), so that would correspond to a redshift of
around z = 10^{28}. Our knowledge of this is somewhat indirect and
uncertain.

The last scattering was at a redshift of about 1100, about 350K years
after the big bang. We have direct knowledge of this from measurements
of the cosmic microwave background.
-- jt]]