Old September 13th 16, 09:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Commercial Moonship

Mookie, you're really becoming too full of **** (yourself) to be worth
bothering with. Seek some psychiatric help.

William Mook wrote:

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 10:29:56 AM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 11:58:45 AM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
jacob navia wrote:

Le 10/09/2016 à 09:12, William Mook a écrit :

snip

It would be interesting that instead the numbers you write how you come
to those numbers.

He generally pulls them out of his ass.

That's what you do. I generally use FEA solver on CAE.

You generally make **** up and lie.

No I don't. You do.

The weight of each tank's structure is 34.29 metric tons.

Probably. There is no way to know since you do not tell the reader what
is the general outlook of what you are describing.

And no reason to believe that the structure weight he describes

Yes there is since its based on actual results of engineering analysis.

Show your work.

I do, that's why I give papers at conferences and you don't.

(which
is no doubt based on Shuttle ET numbers or general 'mass fractions'
for large tanks) could support the several hundred tons he's going to
stack on top of it (his eighth 'tank' which makes up his second stage)
under several g's of acceleration.

You've never fallen on a football you were carrying after being tackled have you? If you had, and given any thought to it, you'd see how a pressurised cryogenic tank in tension can support substantial external loads.

And so we see the depth of Mookie's engineering...

Obviously you've never read any of the textbooks or papers that explain in simple terms how pressurised propellant tanks can be made less massive in tension by pressurising them. If you had read such materials you would clearly understand the reference and plainly see why your compressive column model is WRONG in this context.

As per usual, YOU are confused and blaming others for your confusion.

http://www.astronautix.com/a/atlasa.html

"The most radical feature of the RTV-A-2 was its internal pressure stabilized flight structure. The missile's skin was very thin, and was inflated by internal pressure like a balloon. This significantly reduced the empty weight of the vehicle."

-- Thomas Jefferson