Old November 5th 12, 12:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default intelligent life in universe

On Nov 4, 7:05*am, Srinivas Bhatt wrote:
Is it better to study formation of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe or is it wiser to study evolution of intelligence of human brain and to arrive at a fair conclusion?

That is a funny kind of question to ask.

Without even looking at your video, I can guess that you are
presenting some sort of "study" of how the intelligence of the human
brain evolved which has led to some conclusion... and on the basis of
that conclusion, the claim is made that we are now so certain there
can be no intelligent life elsewhere that it's a waste of time to even
bother looking for it.

In fact, though, since if there was any other intelligent life in the
Universe, it would be so far away that there is very little we can do
to look for it, SETI projects generally only get small amounts of
private or unofficial funding.

So where's the colossal waste of tax dollars to get excited about?

In the absence of that, why does SETI worry you?

So my next guess about your agenda comes along. My suspicion is that
you're threatened by scientists taking the idea of alien life
seriously because it undermines certain forms of religious belief. The
narrow-minded and intolerant forms, in particular.

John Savard