Old August 15th 07, 10:02 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

Default Perseids summary image 11/12 August (22 meteors)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:50:39 -0700, Ben wrote:

Excellent images Pete with a crafty leaning toward
composition.

Where is the radiant point of the shower? I always thought
it was in that little circlet of stars ESE of Mirfak near
Lambda Perseii and NGC 1528 but when I traced back every
bright Perseid I saw it seemed to coming fron a point between
Eta and Gamma.

The radiant moves considerably throughout the activity period of the
shower Ben. On the night of maximum draw a line from gamma to eta and
turn left by 90 degrees. Move by the gamma-eta distance again and
that's where it lies.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk