Old August 14th 07, 11:25 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Andy G

Default Perseids summary image Brilliant work yet again

Superb!

I only saw a few as I had only just finished having dinner at Rick Steins
Sea Food Restaurant in Padstow. So made a quick dash across to the harbour
to have a peek.

Well done again Pete

Cheers

Andy

Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.
Fellow Royal Astronomical Society
Director & Resident Astronomer StarDome,
Director Anglo-Australian Astronomy Education Partnership

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:28:58 +0100, Pete Lawrence
wrote:

Here's a summary of all trails imaged on the night before maximum. The
two b&w images were taken with a CCD camera fitted with a 28mm f/2.8
lens. The system gave me a field of view approximately 10 degrees
across. The last image shows a pin-point meteor very close to the
radiant position (as it should be of course!).

The two central images in the second row show a glow through Taurus. I
believe this is the Zodiacal Light but I'm currently seeking an
expert's opinion on this one before I post up the full frame images.

The summary file contains 22 meteor trails and is just over 1Mb in
size.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors...07_summary.jpg

Here's the summary image for the maximum night (12/13 August). I've
still to do a fine sweep of all the images taken but that'll have to
wait for a bit. Total number of meteors imaged over two nights: 47.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors...07_summary.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk