Old April 4th 18, 07:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

Default Lucky it wasn't the other way around

On Tuesday, 3 April 2018 18:38:24 UTC+2, Quadibloc wrote:
Human activity actually improved the effectiveness of the van Allen belts as a
barrier to space radiation:

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...hrouding-earth

John Savard

We think of ourselves as all-knowing and all-seeing.
Yet remain the hapless victims of that infamous butterfly.
Who could have foretold that a humble spray can would blind us to reality?
Or that we would end the billions of years reign of bees, as our unseen flower arrangers?
Or that filthy VW diesels would become visible from space?
Tread lightly upon this, our fragile earth.
Take nothing but photographs and leave nothing but footprints. ;-)