Old October 27th 10, 02:41 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Paulo J. Matos

Default Jupiter & Ganymede

Mark Ayliffe writes:

Ooh, thanks for the nudge. I have a rare fee Wednesday evening today,
so I'll try to get there. Not sure about their 14 inch telescope, but
this one's rather fun:

http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/about_ioa/h...humberland.php

Yes, I have been there actually 4 weeks ago observing a globular cluster
in Hercules and last week jupiter. Quite awesome structure actually but
for such a big thing I was not too impressed with the image.

They do have another one close by on a small wooden house which was
pointing to the moons surface last week. That was impressive! But then
again the moon is closer than a globular cluster. heheh

--
PMatos