Old February 24th 09, 05:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dave Typinski[_3_]

Default orbital elements

Chris L Peterson wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 03:30:14 GMT, Golden California Girls
wrote:

It can't be calculated without calculus math skills.

I do orbital analysis all the time, and I never use calculus. You only
need that if you want to derive the equations. Just determining orbital
elements from observations requires nothing more than vector algebra.

Here are two introductions to whet the OP's mathematical appetite. I
don't know whether the OP can do linear algebra, but the amount of
vector manipulation required is small and I'm sure the good people
here would be willing to help.

http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/enara/In...o%20Orbits.pdf

http://www.braeunig.us/space/orbmech.htm

--