Old April 23rd 06, 04:40 PM posted to sci.space.history

Default Things for sale on eBay, some very rare

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Great website though: http://www.fabiofeminofantascience.org/index.shtml
(Oh great- I have stop posting, and _now_ a Russian space nationalist
shows up!)

s.s.h. is like the Mob, Pat...once you're in, you're in for life

--
Terrell Miller

Many scientists recall President Dwight Eisenhower's warnings about the
danger of the rising postwar military-industrial complex, notes Mr. Happer,
now a Princeton physicist. In the same speech, however, Eisenhower also
warned: "We must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public
policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite.
It is the task of statesmanship to mold, to balance, and to integrate these
and other forces, new and old, within the principles of our democratic
system...."
-The Week