Old April 5th 06, 02:19 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Moon Mosaic

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:48:45 -0400, Dennis Woos wrote:

My two sons used their homemade 5" f/11.4 newtonian and a Philips Toucam Pro
II webcam with K3CCDTools to capture video of the waxing crescent moon, and
used Registax and Photoshop to create a mosaic image. It is too bad that my
younger son who was positioning the scope missed a bit of the moon, but
still pretty cool.

Pretty cool ? That's very cool. I would be pretty excited to have pulled
that off. I can't imagine what it must feel like to think "my kids pulled
that off". Congratulations.

http://www.greenmountainaccess.net/~wooscon/Mosaic.gif

Dennis