Old September 14th 05, 05:21 PM
John Zinni

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
From Double-A, responding to the question "Is the universe flat?":

I don't know. Does it rotate?

Why would it not rotate? At the macrocosmic scale, why would it not
display the same planform as all rotating systems in nature, i.e., two
hemispheres and a common equator, rotating on a polar axis?
This planform is seen at every level, from spiral
galaxies to solar systems to planet-moon systems, planets, unfolding
embryos (in side-on view), all the way down to the hydrogen atom and its
single proton nucleus. Why would not the unseen parent Source display
the same planform as all the 'little fractals' it has spawned? As
suggested here- http://community.webtv.net/oldcoot/ContinuousBigBang
oc

"Is the Universe rotating? With reference to what?
As far as we know, the Universe is not rotating. The presence of rotation
would induce a type of change in the Cosmic Microwave Background temperature
which has not been observed. In addition, the presence of rotation would
imply that locations along the axis of the rotation were somehow "special",
which violates our understanding of relativity that the Universe appears the
same regardless of the location of the observer."
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/as...s/961217a.html

If you learn nothing else in this newsgroup, learn this ... BS doesn't know
what he's talking about.