Old December 29th 08, 08:30 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Eric Gisse

Default The Motion of the Perihelion of Mercury

On Dec 28, 10:07*pm, Koobee Wublee wrote:
[...]

I suspect this 5,600” per century of perihelion advance is not very
accurate in the first place. *I want to see error bars associated with
this experiment. *Tell me if that is too much to ask.

Is reading the literature too much to ask?

What will be, according to the theory of general relativity, the value
of the motion of the perihelion of Mercury if the gravitational
actions of all the planets in the solar system are taken into account
and also it is taken into account that the Sun is a little oblate?

The 43” was calculated based on Paul Gerber’s work. *Other
mathematical methods do not yield the same result. *shrug

No, it was not "based on Paul Gerber's work". All Gerber did was guess
the form of a velocity-dependent potential that would give the same
effects. The actual analysis was based on the works of Le Verrier.

Do you have a literature reference for the assertion that other
methods "do not yield the same result", or is this more of your
typical nonsense that has no scholarly backing?

[...]