Old January 22nd 05, 06:12 PM
DavidBowman

I'm thinking of you as a really smart
high school kid who thinks about
this stuff intensely and (as Master
Yoda put it) "Never pays attention
to WHERE--HE--IS".

I was actually following you for a while,
mapping crude convcepts into
something more likely to be real.

Then I bumped into:

This is a-Wakeup-bell!
The whole physics of that region
needs to be reworked.

Even Master Feynman didn't talk like that, and he really DID rework
physics!

Look kid, I had lots of
formal training in astronomy. There
are no big bangs inside black
holes or quasars, and the plasms jets emitted from active galactic
nuclei are not other universes, negative universes, inside-out
universes, new universes, ior whatever it was you were trying to say.

But modulo your minor ego-outburst , you have the right attitude for a
Scientist: intense!

But there's one other attitude just as important!
The only thing that seperates someone who's trying to figure things out
from a crackpot is that the crackpot can't say "Oops, I was wrong".

God knows, I've said it to myself enough in MY life! (see the PS for an
example).

But you need to learn all about your field before you can "rework
physics"! Go to college and use the intensity to understand what other
intense people have figured out already.

Good luck,

=[ d

PS
Put down the keyboard and books, and **** girls now, or I promise you,
you'll wish you had. You want to be Master Hollister, not Master
Bates.