Old August 18th 03, 10:40 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default Eyeball in Secondary?

In message , #MK
writes
Hi!
I was just peeking through my new Newtonian [haven't pointed it at a star
yet, cos the manufacturers forgot the tripod attachment / telescope rings!]
and noticed my eyeball in the secondary.
Is this normal? To see one's eyeball in the mirror?
When I look at a planet or the Moon, will I see my eyeball in the middle.

If you _don't_ see your eye in the middle of the secondary it's fairly
certain that it isn't collimated properly. Don't worry. At night you
won't even see any sign of the secondary unless you use a very low
power.
But who is the manufacturer with the poor QC? :-)
--
"Roads in space for rockets to travel....four-dimensional roads, curving with
relativity"