Old July 19th 19, 11:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default SpaceX Capsule Explosion

On 7/18/2019 2:43 PM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
David Spain wrote on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 20:51:19
-0400:

Is helium used for pressurizing both bi-propellants? I would assume so.
But always welcome facts if at hand. I can Google it too if anyone
doesn't already know.

From the descriptions I've read helium is used to pressurize both
tanks and shares piping. Remember, the problem here was a cup of
oxidizer getting over to the propellant side of the helium system and
contacting a titanium valve over there under pressure.

Thanks Fred.

Dave