Old July 18th 19, 12:40 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default SpaceX Capsule Explosion

In article , says...

On 7/16/2019 7:33 PM, Fred J. McCall wrote:

If this does indeed compromise reusability they'll probably come up
with a different fix later on, but this one works and will get them
flying again.

That's an excellent point. I suspect more mods to Dragon V2 as SpaceX
and NASA gain experience with it.

Henry Spencer over on the Arocket mailing list has already suggested
that for re-usability actuated shutoff valves be used to hermetically
close the pressurization path in place of check valves.

I suppose it will come down to how easy it will be to replace the burst
disks between flights.

Doesn't matter because NASA wants only new Dragon 2 capsules for crew.
After their crew flight, they will be refurbished for commercial cargo.
Part of that refurbishment is to remove the abort system to allow for
more cargo up-mass and down-mass.

Jeff