Old April 26th 05, 01:41 AM
thanatos

there are severl ways to do this

1) a hot plasma is transparent, and magnetically confinable/ shapeable -
google Fresnel Oscillations
2) water is a polar molecule - use a static field to shape a water lens
3) if you look at the eigenmodes of oscillation of a 'drum' you may be able
to produce a fresnel zone plate in some kind of optical medium via magneto
acoustics
4) with the advent of new electro optice materials, it may be possible to
induce optical holographic effects in a material

couple this with high speed detectors and image processing and it may be
possible to have super resolved holographic imaging

soon if not now

"phoenix" wrote in message
oups.com...

Theoretically. Is it possible to construct a telescope using
holographic lens such that you flick a switch and the lens
just formed at the front. I like the idea of a very lightweight
0 wave error 6" refractor that I can carry at my back when
hiking and just putting it on the equally lightweight image
stabilizer mount when the sky has a great view.

In 4000 A.D. Can the above occur.. theoretically??

phoenix