Old September 9th 18, 10:35 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Frames of reference (mathematical)

Even though it is a tiny image, it carries a perspective which excludes the celestial sphere observers and theorists who assumed the celestial sphere is fixed and all observations are referenced off that observation.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...xEhUCr9rw4P7wE

I suppose I shouldn't say it is alarming considering all other damage that was done to force observations into RA/Dec in terms of cause and effect but ground zero for theorists is the creation of apparent/true motions which let the frames of reference genie out of the bottle and specifically the nasty piece of work following on from the hatchet job done on direct/retrograde observations -

"That the fixed stars being at rest, the periodic times of the five primary planets, and (whether of the sun about the earth, or) of the earth about the sun, are in the sesquiplicate proportion of their mean distances from the sun.... for the periodic times are the same, and the dimensions of the orbits are the same, whether the sun revolves about the earth, or the earth about the sun." Newton

Whether it is indifference or incompetence on the part of the pseudo-astronomical approach of astrophysics, what matters is that the jewel at the centre of the empirical universe is a fake that is exceptionally unhealthy for the human mind.

I wouldn't want to discuss these matters with people who can be bullied here so these comments will have to stand on their own in the hope that common sense will eventually prevail after centuries of theoretical domination of astronomy.