Old March 18th 17, 07:11 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Obvious Violations of the Second Law of Thermodynamics

At 4:24 in the following video the experimentalist just switches the field on and off (no work done on the system), but the liquid (e.g. water) cyclically rises and can lift floating weights in the process, in violation of the second law of thermodynamics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACDxurDAmyg
Chapter 11.6.2: Force on a liquid dielectric

The system becomes a time crystal if the capacitor is entirely submerged in the dielectric liquid:

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teachin...es/node46.html
"However, in experiments in which a capacitor is submerged in a dielectric liquid the force per unit area exerted by one plate on another is observed to decrease... [...] This apparent paradox can be explained by taking into account the difference in liquid pressure in the field filled space between the plates and the field free region outside the capacitor."

We have a high pressure between the plates and a lower pressure outside the capacitor so if we punch a small hole in one of the plates, there will be an ETERNAL FLOW through the hole, from inside (between the plates) to outside. In other words, we will have a SYSTEM IN DYNAMIC EQUILIBRIUM. The eternal flow can be harnessed to do work, in violation of the second law of thermodynamics.

Pentcho Valev