Old December 24th 17, 04:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

Default Red Tesla Roadster mounted on PLA

On Dec/24/2017 at 10:29 AM, David Spain wrote :
On 12/22/2017 5:55 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:
Â* To get it to fit in the fairing,
the nose of the car is tilted up (maybe 30 or so degrees), making it
look like it's "taking off".Â* Looks like it's mounted quite firmly to
the bottom frame of the car (I believe that's where the battery pack
is/was, so it ought to be the strongest area of the car).

Yeah I would expect that the Li ion battery pack is probably not
"space-rated" and would be wisely left out...

How do car tires deal with space vacuum? Is it launched with them
largely under-inflated? I'd expect they'd "go flat" anyway eventually.

Looks like a convertible, so no need to worry about keeping the windows
rolled down. (That's a joke. Well, unless he was launching an early 60's
version of a Volkswagen Beetle! Closing the doors in one of those
routinely made my ears pop!).

Dave

I hope they will have a copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
and a towel in that car.

Alain Fournier