Old April 23rd 07, 04:58 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Jan Panteltje

Default Unique astronomy research publication goes open-access

On a sunny day (Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:04:50 GMT) it happened Sam Wormley
wrote in 623Xh.11034$n_.919@attbi_s21:

Jan Panteltje wrote:
On a sunny day (Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:07:27 GMT) it happened Sam Wormley
wrote in zxUWh.10176$n_.3551@attbi_s21:

Tom Van Flandern wrote:

GRAVITY/RELATIVITY/INERTIA
* New properties of gravity (ftl speed, finite range, shielding, drag, heat)
* Experimental evidence that gravity speed light speed

See: http://www.google.com/search?q=Fland...h.ucr.edu+baez

Baez is a egomanic self promoting math puzzle solver bowing to status quo.
Flanderen is a free thinker at least wrong on Sidonia, but
maybe right on some other points.

And what are those points, in your opinion?

There is a discussion about 'The speed of gravity' that goes many years back.
I think Tom v. Flanderen even wrote a book.
Now I also think you took part in that discussion once here?
Now for any 1Stonians this is [a] hard to swallow statement (gravity c).
But hey. lets go back before the dogmatist was born, and not look for a formula
that gives the right results (for our experiments on earth mind you), but
start all over again by asking some of the more basic questions, something
that even Newton asked: 'What is gravity'?
And - please - do not get spaced out in time :-) LOL

Meson