Old August 4th 04, 09:50 PM
Painius

"Odysseus" wrote...
in message ...

I have no particular insights on this question; I don't understand
the "Standard Model" well enough as it is, let alone being able to
extend it into the 'sub-Planck realm'. As for gravitons, I find the
warped-spacetime image of gravity easier to visualize (in a reduced
number of dimensions) than that involving exchanges of messenger
particles, so I won't be of much help there either.

Odysseus, thank you for this. I've been reading your articles
here for a long time and have spent long hours thinking about
and trying to understand many of the things you write about.
Perhaps, as in the past, you and i can grab some insights as a
result of discussion.

My main question about the flowing-space ideas under discussion takes
a somewhat different tack: if "space" is flowing, what is it flowing
in or through?

--
Odysseus

At first, this looked to me like the question as to whether space
is a void with sub-Planck energy flowing through it, or is space
itself comprised of energy, IOW is space itself a field. Then
almost immediately i latched onto two thoughts...

1) What exactly did the Universe "erupt" into as a result of the
Big Bang, for whatever that is, it is what space would be flowing
into and through,

2) maybe the whole question of void space vs. space as field is
unnecessary. Take water, for example, as it flows downriver.
We can see the river as the medium, or we can see the water as
millions of water molecules being rushed through "space" from
their source to their ultimate destination.

We can see what the water flows into and through, however i
am fairly certain that we may never know the answer to your
question. It could be a void, or it could be a gel-like substance
that space-as-field expands outwardly against. Whatever it is,
we only "know" that it must be something that would allow our
Universe to come into being and to grow very large and exist
for a long time by our standards.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--