Old August 4th 04, 06:19 AM
Odysseus

Painius wrote:

[snip]

At first, this seems like good reason to believe that gravity
is still only a pull force, and that there is no flowing-space
field to be distorted by radiation and particle pressures
from our Sun.

To explain why this is not so, we must remember that these
flowing-space fields are postulated to be sub-Planck in
lambda/wavelength. Therefore their particle-natures would
be far more prominent than their wave-natures. So these
specialized tiny bundles of energy, which i believe to be the
elusive gravitons, are energetic enough *not* to be affected
by the lower-energy radiation photons and particles of the
Solar wind.

Odysseus, i would be more than honored by your thoughts
on this as well as those you may have regarding astronomical
aberration effects on gravitons.

I have no particular insights on this question; I don't understand
the "Standard Model" well enough as it is, let alone being able to
extend it into the 'sub-Planck realm'. As for gravitons, I find the
warped-spacetime image of gravity easier to visualize (in a reduced
number of dimensions) than that involving exchanges of messenger
particles, so I won't be of much help there either.

My main question about the flowing-space ideas under discussion takes
a somewhat different tack: if "space" is flowing, what is it flowing
in or through?

--
Odysseus