Old July 2nd 18, 11:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Summertime Once More in Gresham

Partly cloudy cool day here in Gresham. Now 66F as of 3:15 PM here in Gresham. Has stayed dry. Wind NW mph. Humidity 42%.

Many of the Columbia Gorge hiking trails are still closed after last year's Eagle Creek fire. The one trail I have always wanted to hike sometime during my lifetime goes from the top of Larch Mountain to Multnomah Falls. It is about a 7 miles hike. But it looks like that trail could be closed another year at least, and I'm not getting any younger.

There was an incident at Portland State University, my Alma Mater, where a man who was a veteran and who had a concealed weapon carry permit, had his gun fall out of its holster. When he bent over to pick it up, he was shot and killed by a Portland State campus cop! Now the Student Union is demanding that campus cops be disarmed. That's all they want to do? The popular slogan that was being chanted back when I was there in the very late 60s was, "PIGS OFF CAMPUS!"

Double-A