Old May 15th 13, 06:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Speed of light surpassed?

On May 14, 6:03*pm, wrote:
I was watching a show the other night hosted by Stephen Hawking, about the
universe since it's creation up until now. I thought it was very well done is as
much as I could actually understand most of it. But one thing was mentioned, and
I wish I had written the numbers down, and that was that at so many seconds
after the big bang, the universe was already so many thousands of light years
across. I thought...HUH? If that were the case, then the universe, at that
point, would have had to have been moving faster than the speed of light. to get
that big is such a small span of time. Can anyone shed any light on this or
should I have written the numbers down? Thanks.

Entangled photons seem to have no problems with FTL.