Old February 15th 05, 02:03 AM
Joann Evans

Working in a factory (like the ones where many Chinese female workers
work), sniping, living in micro-G enviroment and operating things do no
require a strong and resistant creature.

And how much factory work have you done?

That's why even a computer is able to do those things. Or maybe you
think that women have the same intelligence, fragility, and
delicateness as a computer?

Until real AI comes, there are still a great many general and
unpredictable circumstances that computers can't handle.

Remember, this is one of the reasons we have 'manned' space flight at
all...

Frankly, I don't why some women wanted to do all of those hard works
when they can instead use men to do those things for them.

Men aren't as easily manipulated as you may think (and there's often
*some* price to be paid, even when it works)...

And you clearly can't imagine a non-male wanting to live and thrive
through personal efforts and acheivements, or something other than
through 'using' men.

Maybe it's the sign of lack intelligence? Or the sign of being able to
be manipulated to rebel against a stable situtation to make into a
chaos situation? Or maybe both?

Half of all marriages in the US end in divorce. And most middle-class
people are approxamately 2-4 paychecks away from living on the street.
Who, exactly, lives in a 'stable situation?' Please introduce me to
them.

Life is chaotic. (and I mean in the mathematical sense of being a
non-linear thing that's difficult to predict very far into the
future...not unlike weather)

You decide.

Just remember the incident that took place at the Garden that is
located East of Eden?

And if I don't happen to believe in that particular piece of religous
teaching?

Things went quite smoothly, until someone provocate a woman to ruin
things.

Ever heard of Lysistrada?

Personally, I'm against in putting a woman or two or more in a
spaceship to Mars with a crew of the majority of them are male. Unless
you are talking about a sending a WHOLE city or maybe a village into
Mars, if you want to to do it, do it community style.

There's a reason on why submarines never took women aboard when they
are doing their three months long mission.

Yes, it's that the military has a long tradition (slowly changing) of
not placing women in combat situations.

Are you saying that people we can trust with a multi-billion Mars
spacecraft, can't also trust to act like professionals?

Or that groups of men can't get into trouble by themselves? Check out
any large prison.

One of the reasons of not doing it is not because the women aren't
capable, but because due to social tensions that will probably cause
major conflicts aboard the submarine.

Now... If you want to send as a ship to Mars with women aboard, I
suggest doing it with a father and daughters team. One father with his
daughters.

Okay, you mean I can be a middle-aged adult woman who has the
appropriate education and scientific and/or engineering credentials to
go to Mars...but I still need Daddy to be a chaperone?

Get real.

And make sure that your hypothetical father has no history of sexual
abuse. You've handed him the perfect situation...no one to stop him,
within tens of millions of miles...

--

You know what to remove, to reply....