Old October 29th 17, 03:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Were liquid boosters on Shuttle ever realistic?

eb.com...

On 2017-10-28 21:47, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Musk seems to think he has enough data to declare it 'production use'
starting at the beginning of this year. I believe him before I belief
**** you pull out of your ass.

Am not debating that they can do it. And yes, they are selling launches
on refurb stages. But as I recall, they've only have 1 launch so far on
a refurb stage. All those sales are for future launches. When those
happen, then SpaceX will have demonstrated it can deliver on turning
around landed stages quickly enough to meet customer demand.

You really need to learn to use Google. There are 3 reflights so far, and 2
more scheduled. So that's about 2% of the flights.
Iridium has bought 2 more flights (for next year) on used boosters
(ironically these won't be recovered).

And if Heavy takes off this year, that's 2 more boosters that will be
reflown this year. If not, next year.

Until then, it is cheer leading to state that they have proven it.

And the day may come where a launch on refurb stage will be sold at a
premium since it pretty much eliminates the 0-day defects on a totally
new stage.

Just because the future is extremely promising doesn't mean SpaceX has
already demonstrated it.

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Resp...dp/1484221834/