Old October 29th 17, 06:24 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Richard D. Saam

Default Dark matter is:

On 10/28/17 1:36 AM, jacobnavia wrote:
Yes, but after years of searches I think that is useless to go on
denying that we just have no idea how the universe works. No physical
counterpart of the supposed "dark matter" has been found in any lab.

There is no dark matter particle and hence exotic dark matter doesn't
exist. Normal matter could have unknown behaviour however, at big
scales. That is the logical conclusion.

Just one thing. Matter could be organized at big scales by forces that
at our level of being (1.8 meters, 5 watts brain freshly evolved from
some primate) are undetectable by our labs and particle accelerators.
Those forces acting at galactic or cluster scales could be determinant
for our understanding of the cosmic web.

Matter seems to be connected everywhere, and the size and forces that
make those connections and filaments are unknown to us but they exist,
since those filaments exist. There are filaments between the stars, and
filaments between the galaxies, and filaments between the clusters of
galaxies. Rivers of galaxies can be figured out, and astronomers have
followed those filaments to figure out the biggest being they have ever
seen, an incredible structure that you can see he

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...Milky-Way.html

Its filamentary structure is evident in this drawing.

As also envisioned by your adopted countryman Vincent Van Gogh's 1889
painting The Starry Night
https://www.google.com/culturalinsti...bgEuwDxel93-Pg

The Fluid sky is connected to the rolling hills
and even the man made structures conform to this universal fluid.

Ernst Mach developed this universe connectivity
in the early 20th century

Sadly, our ideas about a big bang and the resulting explanations make
this hypothesis not so attractive for many people.

Your idea does not have to contradict the big bang idea.

Since observations indicate that a sea of galaxies extends away and away
from us in all directions, I consider that the CMB doesn't really imply
a big bang.

Although there is variation, the individual galaxies within the sea have
generally common rotational structure
as well as the star planetary systems within.
That has to be accounted for.

It is just that: Cosmic Background. The sea of galaxies is bathed in the
relic light from all uncountable galaxies extending till who knows
where. This explains why is so uniform.

But a common origin is needed to explain the uniformity.

Ambient light.

But adjacent to all of this universe matter(including us within it)
is the vacuum at Heisenberg uncertainty.
It is generally described as a chaotic random foam.
Your structured bathing environment would required a coherent vacuum
going back to the big bang
that goes against current thinking.

[[Mod. note -- Three points:
1. Yes, gravitomagnetism exists (experimental check: Gravity Probe B).
But the *magnitude* of that "connection" is really, really small!
2. The Galaxy Zoo project's analysis (arXiv:0803.3247 =
https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2966.2008.13490.x) finds that
galaxy rotation directions are statistically random.
3. From CMBR anisotropy measurements, we know that the universe
isn't rotating to any significant extent. See, e.g., Collins and
Hawkings (1973) and Bunn, Ferreira, and Silk, Physical Review Letters
77, 2883 (1996) (https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.77.2883).
-- jt]]