Old January 22nd 09, 11:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

Default The end of Constellation?

On 22 Jan, 07:32, William Elliot wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, jacob navia wrote:
William Elliot wrote:
Riddle of the day. *Which will cost US more?
* * Occupying the moon or occupying Iraq?

I really do not care about U.S. costs. I care about the
costs for the Iraki people...

Are you not only anti-American but also anti-semitic not
caring about Israeli costs but only Palestinian costs?

Real rockets have been fired at Israel at least. What did Iraq do?
Precisely nothing.

Beware shrapnel from explosive irony.

If the U.S. "occupies" the moon, at least there will be no
costs for the moon inhabitants since there aren't any.

I have visions of the Man in the Moon wandering across the Mddle East
and settling in (say) Syria.

Shucks, US already has a disparaging name for them Lunatics.

Where has "sanity" got us? Sane people like to live in ethically clean
societies. Pity about Obama being black, or to be strict "mixed race".
Baghdad is now ethically clean.

When I was young we discussed pacifism and "just wars". I must confess
I only ever envisaged a war where Britain was threatened directly. The
basic fact of modern war, as I think I have said previously is that
you fight on the other side of the world for causes which are far more
complex than the politicians make out.

The facts of Iraq are the following

1) The CIA put Saddam Hussein in power in the first place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein

2) The US nodded and winked during the Iran/Iraq war.

3) Saddam invaded Kuwait when he was broke. You see SH anticipated a
quick victory, like generals everywhere have.

4) There were no WMD, no justification for war - or sanctions either
for that matter.

5) Iraq has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the Palestinan question.
This is yet another example of the disinformation campaign I have
spoken at length about.

The Palestinian question is complicated. The Israelis have behaved
like complete idiots. No I don't mean the most recent operation "cast
lead", what I am referring to is the blockade of Gaza after Hamas won
the election + the whole doctrine of "collective punishment".

The blockade led to an extensive tunnel network under the Egyptian
border. Before civil materials were coming though subject to
inspection. As soon as the blockade was imposed food, medicines anf
fuel came through the tunnels ALONG WITH ROCKETS, AKs etc. This to me
demonstates a collective stupidity on the part of Israel's leaders.
The Israelis laregely have their own leaders to thank.

What is however most serious is the calculated disinformation. This is
what I mean when I talk about "beni Al-kalb". a bin or a bint is a
member of the Al-kalb set. I feel I should add one thing. If green
manikins were paraded at a scientific conference the way they were
paraded at Phoenix the perpetrators would be kicked out for falsifying
their results.

I am not anti American or anti semitic, merely "gegen Dummkoph". I am
also agaist the Dummkoph disinformation machine.

- Ian Parker