Old January 21st 19, 12:47 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Stratolaunch Out Of Launch Vehicle Business

Stratolaunch is halting development of its own engines and launch
vehicles and focusing on aircraft development to launch
Northrop-Grumman boosters. This action, with the accompanying layoff
of 50 or so people, is occurring in the wake of Paul Allen's death and
may be a sign that without a 'sweetheart' investor the development of
their own engines and vehicles, announced last year, is just too
expensive for them to sustain.

One has to wonder if the same thing could happen to Blue Origin if
Jeff Bezos were to drop dead for some reason. That seems less likely,
as they're further along in vehicle development, but still possible.

--
"We come into the world and take our chances.
Fate is just the weight of circumstances.