Old October 3rd 11, 03:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_2_]

Default SpaceX video showing Falcon 9 stages and Dragon performing a vertical landing

In article 73112da4-3bed-482e-a546-01c02f3a48f3
@d28g2000vby.googlegroups.com, says...

The part that shows the Dragon landing, I couldn't help but wondering,
where all the fuel is stored for landing or how much does that eat up
in payload?

The landing engines only need to slow the capsule from its terminal
velocity to zero. We're not talking about "a lot" of fuel here.

Also, parachutes "eat up" payload too.

Jeff
--
" Ares 1 is a prime example of the fact that NASA just can't get it
up anymore... and when they can, it doesn't stay up long. "