Old October 6th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.space,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.station
SkySea

Default Poll about astronautics (french by easy)

A couple of things...

The same question should be asked of ESA. Better yet, it should ask
generically whether space exploration is worthy. And in English (too).

Asking only About NASA, especially in a foreign country and language,
will skew data because fewer stakeholders will be participating. After
all, it's not like it's their (France's? Europe's) tax money
contributing towards NASA. Or business.

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 21:57:20 +0200, Thierry wrote:

Hi,

Your opinion 'd be welcome.

There is a French magazine titled "L'internaute magazine" (magazine of
internet users) that provides for a while a poll dealing with the interest
or not to invest in the US space program
http://questionnaire.linternaute.com.../23/index.html

It is a multiple-choice test with 3 opinions in radio buttons
Estimez-vous que le budget de la Nasa est (I translate, do you think that
NASA budget is) :
- Légitime (legitimate, rightful)
- Disproportionné : il y a des problèmes plus importants (disproportionate:
there are problems more important)
- Insuffisant : la recherche spatiale est fondamentale (insufficient : space
research is fundamental)
validation button.

Up to date, the result is... 47% against !
(the first screen displays a result but which is not updated. Once your poll
validated, the right result will appears)
But the sample gathers only about 200 readers and probably all french or
close to and thus no one US citizen, the first people concerned by he
prestige or spin-offs on this program...

When we know the benefits of the space (a 3:1 ratio according to
authorities), and that during the spirit opportunity mission there were 11
billions connections on NASA website ! (proof of the interest of the
populaiton for astronautics), sometimes I wonder if we leave in the same
world or have the same references...

Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/luxorion

- Dale Gombert (SkySea at aol.com)